Durham and Deerness Valley Circuit – Children and Young People’s Development Worker
Exciting opportunity to build on a well established circuit youth programme, develop Fresh Expressions of children’s and youth work, and contribute to a mission orientated team. If you are enthusiastic about nurturing Christian faith in children and accompanying young people on their spiritual journey this may be the job for you.
20 hrs/wk (flexible hours, weekend working)
Two year appointment from September 2017
Salary is up to £ 11778.00 p.a. subject to experience and or qualifications
Closing date for applications: mid-day 3rd July and shortlisting the following week
Interviews on – w/c 17th July
Application pack from:
Mrs. Penny Bissell
07803 586 480
Division of Responsibilities between the Treasurer and the Finance Officer
Circuit Steward ( Treasurer )
- General oversight of Circuit Finances with the support of the Circuit Stewards and the Circuit Finance Team.
- In collaboration with the Circuit Finance Officer, presenting
- Distributing Standard Forms to Treasurers
- Complete annual P11D tax forms
- Liaise with Circuit treasurers
- Liaise as necessary with TMCP Manchester re Circuit Advance Fund
- Representing Finance at Circuit Meeting, Finance Team, Superintendent’s /Stewards meeting, Circuit Leadership Team
- Share representation of Circuit Stewards at Church Councils
Circuit Finance Officer
- Keep the accounts at Lloyds and CFB
- Be responsible for business arising from the accounts (monitoring income and expenditure, paying bills, seeking ministers’ phone/mileage claims.
- Preparation of budget, and annual accounts with the Treasurer.
- Provide financial summaries when requested for the Treasurer, Finance Team, Manse maintenance Team and others.
- Provide Standard Form analysis at year end
- Attend meetings of the Finance Team
- The division of responsibilities can be reviewed and revised in the light of experience.
Circuit Steward Job Description
- Responsible with the Superintendent, Presbyters, Deacons, and Probationers for the
spiritual, and material well-being of the Circuit and for acting upon and upholding the
decisions of the Circuit meeting
- All Circuit stewards are by definition Servants
- Responsibilities include ex-officio membership of all official meetings and committees of the Circuit.
- In the Durham and Deerness Valley Circuit we have divided the responsibilities for the
various areas of work into three distinct groups.
a) Manse finance and maintenance
b) Circuit treasurer / assisted by Finance Officer
c) Appointments and Policy
- Need to consult with churches where an appointment is due to end / or be extended.
- Prepare Circuit profile for inclusion in the appointments book.
- Liaise with the District Chair in finding a person who offers the gifts required for the area, but who also will provide a balance within the staff team for the onward development of the Circuit.
- Attend church councils, be aware of the developments in the local church. Be available for consultation on issues of difficulty or need.
- Attend training events to understand changes in the appointments system as determined by Conference.
- Ensure the appropriate Appointments Committee is operational when appointments are to be made.
- It is necessary to acquaint oneself with CPD to fulfil one’s duties adequately (ie. know where you can get the info when needed)
NB A Circuit Steward has the responsibility for all aspects of Circuit life,
including property, finance and spiritual growth